Psoriasis is a condition that causes red, thickened areas with silvery scales that flake off frequently. This happens mainly because of the rapid growth and replacement of the skin. Psoriasis can vary in its severity and can cause great discomfort, especially painful and itching.
Clobex Shampoo is one of the few medicated shampoos in the market that has been designed to provide relief from moderate to severe scalp psoriasis. Its main ingredient is clobetasol which is very effective in treating psoriasis. Clobex Shampoo is a topical corticosteroid. It works by decreasing certain immune responses, which reduces redness and itching of the skin.
How to Apply Clorox Shampoo
1) Isolate the part of your scalp where the Clorox Shampoo needs to be applied by separating the hair. Do not wet your hair before the application.
2) Apply the recommended quality of the shampoo over the affected area. Rub the shampoo gently over that area.
3) Avoid the contact of the shampoo with any other part of the body, especially facial parts like eyes and lips. If they come in contact with the shampoo, then immediately wash thoroughly with water.
4) Let the shampoo remain on your scalp for fifteen minutes. Then add water, work it into lather and rinse well. Wash your hands thoroughly after using Clorox Shampoo.
5) Later as per your desire, you can wash your hair with any other mild, non-medicated shampoo.
6) The dosage of the shampoo should not exceed 50 grams or 50 milliliters per week.
7) Do not place any sort of bandage over the area that is being treated.
8 ) If you missed a dose of Clobex Shampoo, then do not take a double dose the next time. That may harm your scalp more.
Precautions to be Taken While Using the Clorex Shampoo
1) You have to use the Clobex Shampoo only for the prescribed duration and not more than that.
2) Follow the instructions for application strictly. At any cost, do not apply it to your face, underarms or any other sensitive part of the body. If the body par comes in contact with the shampoo, then wash it rigorously.
3) Many of them have reported burning or stinging of the scalp, hair loss, itching, swelling, infections, acne, dry skin, and widening of blood vessels with the use of Clorox Shampoo. Stop using the product and call your doctor immediately if you experience nausea, vomiting, fever or low blood pressure.
4) Consult your doctor before you use the Clorox Shampoo in the following cases:
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- if you are taking any medicine or diet supplement
- if you have allergies to any substance
- if you have measles, tuberculosis, chickenpox or shingles
- if you had a vaccination recently
- if you have any kind of skin infection
5) As you know, Clobex Shampoo has a corticosteroid in it. So before taking any other medicine, check if the other medicine also has a corticosteroid in it. You can always consult the medical professional in case of doubt.
6) Never use Clobex Shampoo for children.
When used correctly as per instructions, Clorex Shampoo can prove most effective in treating psoriasis. Consult your doctor any time if you are doubtful about the application of this shampoo.