There are several horse shampoos available in the market that not only clean your horse but also can remove grime, heal skin problems, augment the color of the coat and alleviate weary ligaments and muscles.
How to Select the Right Horse Shampoo
You have to keep a few factors in mind while selecting the right shampoo for your horse.
- Usually, the skin of the horse is very sensitive. Hence you might have to look for any skin problems in your horse like hives, dandruff or fungus before deciding upon a horse shampoo. Also find out if your horse is allergic to any ingredient. An aloe-based shampoo is good for horses with very sensitive and thin skin. A medicated shampoo is good if it has been facing problems like ringworm.
- Many horse shampoos have been designed to enhance the colors of the coat. These color boosting shampoos are based on dyes or optical brighteners. It is always better to use rubber gloves when you use such shampoos.
- Lot of horse shampoo companies send shampoo samples of their products which will enable you to try them on your horse before you select the best one.
- Some horses have dry skin after shampooing. For such horses, you can try shampoo with a conditioner.
- If your main aim is take out those stains away from your horse’s skin, then it is better you go for spot removing or deep cleansing horse shampoos. Dry horse shampoos have been popular in this category.
- In case of any doubt about the usage of a shampoo or the ingredients of a shampoo, you can always contact an experienced salesperson in the store who can give you valuable information regarding various brands of horse shampoos.
Best Horse Shampoos
There are plenty of pet shampoo brands available these days. Some of the best horse shampoos available in the market are as follows:
- Equine Magic Horse Shampoo: It is a certified organic horse shampoo. It is made from organic vegetable oils and botanical extracts that leave your horse’s coat and mane clean and shiny. This shampoo can be used for the entire horse and not just for the mane.
- Straight Arrow Manen Tail: This is one of the most trusted and familiar brands of horse shampoos. It provides rich lathering action that cleanses the horse thoroughly and leaves the hair of the horse soft, shiny and fragrant. When used regularly, this horse shampoo augments the coat’s health and beauty.
- Wonder Blue Shampoo: This horse shampoo contains aloe vera that moisturizes the skin and provides a soothing effect. The shampoo leaves the horse’s coat smooth and shiny. If your horse has dry skin, then this is the best shampoo for your horse.
- Equus Premier Shampoo: It thoroughly cleanses the hair while retaining the moisture. It brightens the color of the coat and leaves no residue after wash. This horse shampoo has been popular amongst the horse owners for making the horse’s skin silky and clean.
It is very important that you select a horse shampoo based on its needs and quality. After all, you do not want to make a wrong choice when it concerns your loved animal.