Have you been experiencing itching, scaling, flaking on your scalp? Have you noticed red patches on your scalp and hair loss recently? Then there are chances that you might be experiencing seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic Dermatitis is the disorder of the skin that is treated and cured completely. For seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp, there are a lot of medicated hair shampoos available in the market.
Loprox Shampoo has been one of the leading brands for the topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp. But you need a prescription from your doctor to buy this anti-fungal shampoo.
Precautions to be taken for using Loprox Shampoo
1) You have to use the Loprox Shampoo only for the prescribed duration and not more than that.
2) Follow the instructions for application strictly. At any cost, do not apply it to your face, underarms or any other sensitive part of the body. If the body part comes in contact with the shampoo, then wash it rigorously.
3) Many of them have reported burning or stinging of the scalp, itching, and redness with the use of Loprox Shampoo. Stop using the product and call your doctor immediately if you experience nausea, vomiting, fever or low blood pressure.
4) Consult your doctor before you use the Loprox Shampoo in the following cases:
- if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- if you are taking any medicine or diet supplement
- if you have allergies to any substance
- if you have measles, tuberculosis, chickenpox or shingles
- if you had a vaccination recently
- if you have any kind of skin infection
5) The safe and effective use of Loprox Shampoo in patients who have deficiencies of the immune system or nerve disorders that could have been initiated by diabetes has not yet been confirmed.
6) Never ever use Loprox as children or baby shampoo.
How to Use the Loprox Shampoo
Apply the required quantity of the shampoo on your wet hair. Leave the shampoo for about three minutes before you rinse it thoroughly. Avoid contact of the shampoo with your eyes and mouth. Use Loprox Shampoo twice a week for a month.
Many of them who have used Loprox shampoo claim that the shampoo not only fights seborrheic dermatitis but also dandruff.
Ensure that you follow the instructions while using Loprox Shampoo as it is a strong shampoo and a bit of negligence can cause a lot of side effects. When used in the right way, Loprox Shampoo is your best bet in fighting against seborrheic dermatitis.